- All-Time Roster
Every Met player... EVER!
- Mug Shots
The pretty ones and the ugly ones -- we have them all!
- Player Awards
Cy Young, Rookie of the Year, Hall of Fame, and more.
Over a thousand player transactions -- in chronological order!
- Managers and Coaches
The men who have led the Mets, and the men who helped them.
- Mets Staff
Executives, General Managers, Broadcasters, and more. (And Jane Jarvis too!)
Perfect for planning your Mets pilgrimages!
- Oldest Living Mets
See which Mets players have spent the most time walking the Earth.
Mets players and personnel who are no longer with us.
- Game Results
All the wins, all the losses. Includes box scores and score cards!
- Walkoff Wins and Losses
Interactively search for the happiest and saddest endings to Mets games.
- Post-Season Games
How the Mets have fared in the games that count the most!
- No-Hitters and One-Hitters
See a list of every no-hitter and one-hitter pitched by the Mets, or against them. One of these categories was frustratingly empty for over fifty years, but not anymore!
- All-Star Games
Mets who have appeared in baseball's Mid-Summer Classic
- Opponents and Ballparks
See the Mets won-lost record against every team, and in every ballpark in which they've played!
- Daily Standings
What was the Mets' pennant outlook on any given day in past seasons?
- Yearly Finishes
The heights and the depths: the Mets won-lost record at the end of each season.
- Interactive Statistics
Endless fun! Career, season, and individual game records at your fingertips!
- Team Leaders
Players who led the Mets in various categories, from season to season.
- Decade Leaders
Mets history broken down into ten-year chunks!
- Fan Memories
Insightful. Poignant. Thrilling. Somber. Nutty. Our visitors have submitted thousands of thoughts and memories of the Mets and the games they've played.
- Mets Uniforms
It's more than just laundry! Trace the evolution of the Mets official uniform over the years.
- Uniform Numbers
In association with Mets By the Numbers, we present a full history of who wore what number, and when!
- Baseball Cards
Our collection of home-made baseball cards, in the style of the classic Topps cards of the 1970's.
Ultimate Mets Database popularity ranking: 98 of 1007 players
Ronald Kenneth Hunt
Born: February 23, 1941 at St. Louis, Mo.
Throws: Right Bats: Right
Height: 6.00 Weight: 186
Ron Hunt has been the most popular Ultimate Mets Database daily lookup 11 times, most recently on January 27, 2016.
First Mets game:
April 16, 1963
Last Mets game:
October 2, 1966
On disabled list from May 12, 1965 to August 4, 1965 (separated shoulder).|
- Established a Mets season record for Doubles in 1963 with 28. Tied by Ken Boyer in 1966. Broken by Tommy Davis in 1967 with 32.
- Established a Mets season record for Caught Stealing in 1966 with 10. Broken by Bud Harrelson in 1967 with 13.
- Established a Mets season record for Hit by Pitch in 1963 with 13. Tied by John Olerud in 1997.
Click the icon to see a graph of Ron Hunt's batting, slugging, and on base percentages
Batting Record with New York Mets
All-Star Game Record
- Led Mets in at bats with 533 in 1963.
- Led Mets in runs with 64 in 1963.
- Led Mets in hits with 145 in 1963 and with 138 in 1966.
- Led Mets in singles with 103 in 1963 and with 114 in 1966.
Tied for Mets lead in singles with 113 in 1964.
- Led Mets in doubles with 28 in 1963.
- Tied for Mets lead in stolen bases with 6 in 1964.
- Led Mets in caught stealing with 10 in 1966.
Tied for Mets lead in caught stealing with 7 in 1965.
- Led Mets in batting average with .272 in 1963, with .303 in 1964 and with .288 in 1966.
- Led Mets in on base percentage with .334 in 1963 and with .356 in 1966.
- Led Mets in on base plus slugging with .730 in 1963.
- Led Mets in hit by pitch with 13 in 1963, with 11 in 1964 and with 11 in 1966.
Tied for Mets lead in hit by pitch with 6 in 1965.
- Led Mets in total bases with 211 in 1963.
- Led Mets in sacrifice flies with 6 in 1963.
- Led Mets in sacrifice hits with 8 in 1963 and with 10 in 1966.
Games where Ron Hunt had 4 or more Hits
At Cincinnati (NL) 06/14/63.
At Chicago (NL) 05/26/64.
At Milwaukee (NL) 06/28/64.
Games played by position
1963: Second Base 142, Third Base 1
1964: Second Base 109, Third Base 12
1965: Second Base 46, Third Base 6
1966: Second Base 123, Shortstop 1, Third Base 1
Number of games in each batting order position in games in which Ron Hunt was in the starting lineup.
Copyright 1999-2016, The Ultimate Mets Database