- All-Time Roster
Every Met player... EVER!
- Mug Shots
The pretty ones and the ugly ones -- we have them all!
- Player Awards
Cy Young, Rookie of the Year, Hall of Fame, and more.
Over a thousand player transactions -- in chronological order!
- Managers and Coaches
The men who have led the Mets, and the men who helped them.
- Mets Staff
Executives, General Managers, Broadcasters, and more. (And Jane Jarvis too!)
Perfect for planning your Mets pilgrimages!
- Oldest Living Mets
See which Mets players have spent the most time walking the Earth.
Mets players and personnel who are no longer with us.
- Game Results
All the wins, all the losses. Includes box scores and score cards!
- Walkoff Wins and Losses
Interactively search for the happiest and saddest endings to Mets games.
- Post-Season Games
How the Mets have fared in the games that count the most!
- No-Hitters and One-Hitters
See a list of every no-hitter and one-hitter pitched by the Mets, or against them. One of these categories was frustratingly empty for over fifty years, but not anymore!
- All-Star Games
Mets who have appeared in baseball's Mid-Summer Classic
- Opponents and Ballparks
See the Mets won-lost record against every team, and in every ballpark in which they've played!
- Daily Standings
What was the Mets' pennant outlook on any given day in past seasons?
- Yearly Finishes
The heights and the depths: the Mets won-lost record at the end of each season.
- Interactive Statistics
Endless fun! Career, season, and individual game records at your fingertips!
- Team Leaders
Players who led the Mets in various categories, from season to season.
- Decade Leaders
Mets history broken down into ten-year chunks!
- Fan Memories
Insightful. Poignant. Thrilling. Somber. Nutty. Our visitors have submitted thousands of thoughts and memories of the Mets and the games they've played.
- Mets Uniforms
It's more than just laundry! Trace the evolution of the Mets official uniform over the years.
- Uniform Numbers
In association with Mets By the Numbers, we present a full history of who wore what number, and when!
- Baseball Cards
Our collection of home-made baseball cards, in the style of the classic Topps cards of the 1970's.
Ultimate Mets Database popularity ranking: 102 of 984 players
Ronald Kenneth Hunt
Born: February 23, 1941 at St. Louis, Mo.
Throws: Right Bats: Right
Height: 6.00 Weight: 186
Ron Hunt was the most popular Ultimate Mets Database daily lookup on April 10, 2005, October 9, 2005, July 30, 2011, November 23, 2011, July 6, 2012, June 21, 2013, July 4, 2013, and July 10, 2013.
First Mets game:
April 16, 1963
Last Mets game:
October 2, 1966
On disabled list from May 12, 1965 to August 4, 1965 (separated shoulder).|
- Established a Mets season record for Doubles in 1963 with 28. Tied by Ken Boyer in 1966. Broken by Tommy Davis in 1967 with 32.
- Established a Mets season record for Caught Stealing in 1966 with 10. Broken by Bud Harrelson in 1967 with 13.
- Established a Mets season record for Hit by Pitch in 1963 with 13. Tied by John Olerud in 1997.
Click the icon to see a graph of Ron Hunt's batting, slugging, and on base percentages
Batting Record with New York Mets
All-Star Game Record
- Led Mets in at bats with 533 in 1963.
- Led Mets in runs with 64 in 1963.
- Led Mets in hits with 145 in 1963 and with 138 in 1966.
- Led Mets in singles with 103 in 1963 and with 114 in 1966.
Tied for Mets lead in singles with 113 in 1964.
- Led Mets in doubles with 28 in 1963.
- Tied for Mets lead in stolen bases with 6 in 1964.
- Led Mets in caught stealing with 10 in 1966.
Tied for Mets lead in caught stealing with 7 in 1965.
- Led Mets in batting average with .272 in 1963, with .303 in 1964 and with .288 in 1966.
- Led Mets in on base percentage with .334 in 1963 and with .356 in 1966.
- Led Mets in on base plus slugging with .730 in 1963.
- Led Mets in hit by pitch with 13 in 1963, with 11 in 1964 and with 11 in 1966.
Tied for Mets lead in hit by pitch with 6 in 1965.
- Led Mets in total bases with 211 in 1963.
- Led Mets in sacrifice flies with 6 in 1963.
- Led Mets in sacrifice hits with 8 in 1963 and with 10 in 1966.
Games where Ron Hunt had 4 or more Hits
At Cincinnati (NL) 06/14/63.
At Chicago (NL) 05/26/64.
At Milwaukee (NL) 06/28/64.
Games played by position
1963: Second Base 142, Third Base 1
1964: Second Base 109, Third Base 12
1965: Second Base 46, Third Base 6
1966: Second Base 123, Shortstop 1, Third Base 1
Number of games in each batting order position in games in which Ron Hunt was in the starting lineup.
Copyright 1999-2015, The Ultimate Mets Database